Learn About Diamond
At CX Jewellers, we believe that understanding the intricacies of diamonds empowers you to make informed decisions and choose the perfect piece of jewelry. Here's a comprehensive guide to help you learn more about the enchanting world of diamonds:
The 4Cs of Diamonds:
- Cut: Explore the significance of diamond cuts and their impact on the stone's brilliance, fire, and scintillation.
- Color: Discover the various diamond color grades and how subtle color differences can influence the overall appearance and value of the diamond.
- Clarity: Understand the importance of diamond clarity, including the various types of inclusions and blemishes that may be present within the stone.
- Carat Weight: Learn about the measurement of a diamond's weight and how it influences the overall size and appearance of the stone.
Diamond Grading & Certification
- GIA Certification: Familiarize yourself with the importance of Gemological Institute of America (GIA) certification and how it guarantees the authenticity and quality of your diamond purchase.
- Other Certification Bodies: Explore other reputable diamond certification bodies and understand the significance of their certifications in ensuring the quality and authenticity of your chosen diamond.
Types of Diamond Cuts and Shapes
- Round: The most classic and popular diamond shape, characterized by its brilliant-cut facet pattern, maximizing the diamond's sparkle and fire.
- Cushion: Also known as a pillow-cut diamond, it has rounded corners and larger facets to increase the diamond's brilliance.
- Princess: A square-shaped diamond with pointed corners, known for its exceptional brilliance and modern, contemporary style.
- Radiant: A square or rectangular diamond with trimmed corners and a brilliant-cut facet pattern, combining the elegance of the emerald shape with the brilliance of the round shape.
- Emerald: Known for its rectangular shape with cut corners, the emerald-cut diamond features a step-cut facet arrangement, emphasizing clarity over brilliance.
- Trilliant: A triangular-shaped diamond with sharp or rounded corners, cut with equal or near-equal sides to create a brilliant, eye-catching stone.
- Heart: Symbolic of love, the heart-shaped diamond has a distinctive cleft at the top and is a unique and romantic choice for an engagement ring.
- Oval: A modified brilliant-cut diamond, oval-shaped diamonds possess similar brilliance to round diamonds, but with a more elongated, elegant appearance.
- Pear: Resembling a drop of water with a single point and a rounded end, the pear-shaped diamond combines the brilliance of a round diamond with the uniqueness of a marquise shape.
- Marquise: Characterized by its distinctive boat-like shape with pointed ends, the marquise-cut diamond maximizes carat weight, making it appear larger than other shapes of the same carat weight.
- Baguette: A small, elongated rectangular or tapered diamond with step-cut facets, often used as accent stones in jewelry designs.
- Asscher: Similar to an emerald cut, the asscher-cut diamond is square with deeply trimmed corners and a step-cut facet pattern, displaying exceptional clarity and a distinctive, Art Deco-inspired appearance.
Diamond Care and Maintenance:
- Cleaning and Storage: Get insights into the best practices for cleaning and storing your diamond jewelry to maintain its luster and brilliance.
- Professional Inspection: Understand the importance of regular professional inspections and maintenance to ensure the longevity and beauty of your cherished diamond pieces.
Explore the captivating world of diamonds with CX Jewellers as your trusted guide. Our commitment to providing you with the highest quality diamonds and expert guidance ensures that you find the perfect piece that embodies the brilliance and sophistication you deserve.
Our team is available Monday to Friday, 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM (EST). Feel free to reach out to us for any inquiries or support.